Thursday, September 16, 2010

History 101!

Man, there's so much history here in Israel (like thousands and thousands of years!) and my little brain knows an infinitesimal amount of history anyway and today was like WOW! It is really, really hard to remember what I have heard - so I take pictures and work it out later!! Lots of photos (two batteries - dead as a doorknob by 3 o'clock in the afternoon. David had to step in with his iPhone. Anyway I'll post a few pics and very little commentary.
Caesaria (amazing!!) st Paul was inprisoned here and then sent to Rome from here! Amazing! We saw the ampitheatre, the aquaduct.

We went onto Mt Carmel, awesome!
To Nazareth, awesome! Went to the Church of the Annunciation (Catholic - as all the churches in Narareth are Churches of Annunciation - I didn't know that!!) and saw one of the cave houses that people lived in back in Jesus time, and I now know what the stable that Jesus was born in looks like - all my sunday school images of the stable have gone out the window! These images are on david's phone - my batteries were dead at this time. (Note to self - don't take a picture of anything and everything in Israel!!!)

Gotta go - of for a swim in Galilee. Whoo hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment